This from, Lifehacker.com:
When you’re in a job interview, the questions you ask the interviewer can matter as much as your responses. They demonstrate how forward thinking you are, and how eager you are to invest yourself in the company’s future. Here are five great questions that can set you apart from other candidates.
- “What do you expect me to accomplish in the first 60 to 90 days?”
- “What are the common attributes of your top performers?”
- “What are the one or two things that really drive results for the company?”
- “What do employees do in their spare time?”
- “How do you plan to deal with [a particular challenge you’ve learned the company is facing]?”
A great candidate doesn’t just want to know what the interviewer thinks; they want to know what the company plans to do—and how they will fit into those plans.
These questions can help you stand out and demonstrate to an interviewer that you mean business, and you are conscious of the company’s future and your role in it.
Kudos to author Jeff Haden for this one.