Barry Zweibel is certified as a Master Trainer of the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual® (CDP-I) self-assessment by the Center for Conflict Dynamics. As such, he is authorized to train and certify others to administer the CDP-I, which he can do in-person (for groups) or by phone (for individuals).
CDP-I Certification Requirements
CDP-I feedback can be quite powerful, when debriefed properly. As such, the Center for Conflict Dynamics requires that the instrument be administered only by certified professionals. The following prerequisites are necessary to be considered eligible for certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Organizational experience in training, human resources, organizational development or conflict management
- Previous involvement with assessment instruments
CDP-I Certification Training Outcomes
By attending this certification training program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of CDP-I history, research, and key principles
- Learn how to read and analyze data in the feedback report
- Develop an ability to facilitate a feedback session using the CDP-I
- Learn practical applications of the CDP-I and how to assist others with developmental planning
- Become eligible to purchase and administer the CDP-I for others
As part of the CDP-I certification process you will also receive:
- a 42-page CDP-I Development Guide (pdf)
- the CDP Trainer’s Tool Kit (pdf)
- the CDP-I policy of acceptable use from the Center for Conflict Dynamics
- Avoiding Conflict is Not The Goal – an article by Barry Zweibel that speaks to the importance of leaders becoming increasingly ‘conflict competent.’
- CDP-I assessment for you to take and be debriefed on its results (it’s recommended that this be done in advance of the certification training, so you can benefit from your own CDP-I results before digging in to help learn how to help others with theirs)
❝Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage.
The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.❞
William Ellery Channing
Being able to engage naturally, easily, respectfully, and constructively in the midst of a conflict is something we all can learn – and is something that can serve us all well, once learned. That we can then help others improve their own conflict competencies raises everyone’s game, and makes conflict something far less daunting and distressing for everyone, as well.
You can do your part by become certified to administer the Conflict Dynamics Profile-Individual (CDP-I) self-assessment. Call or email for pricing and other details.