“If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do.”
Here are 10 reasons why this Lucille Ball quote – and seemingly counter-intuitive paradox – is true:
- Busy People don’t have time to waste time » They’re particularly motivated to get THIS done so they can get on to THAT.
- Busy People value COMPLETENESS over PERFECTIONISM » They strive to complete things FULLY without getting lost in the process
- Busy People are MASTERS at multitasking » They’re particularly adept at shifting and refocusing their attention, quickly and easily.
- Busy People prioritize EXCEPTIONALLY well » They intuitively understand what needs to be done, in what order, by when, and in what way.
- Busy People LOATHE boredom » They PREFER when things are up-tempo and complex and CRAVE variety.
- Busy People are THOROUGHBREDS » They LOVE running the race and are SMITTEN by each subsequent one even more.
- Busy People are ALIVE » They’re regularly IN FLOW and have a BOUNDLESS and INDEFATIGABLE energy about them.
- Busy People don’t say “ENOUGH!” » They ask “WHAT’S NEXT?!”
- Busy People are at their BEST when they’re being Busy People.
- Busy People get TONS done.
So how are you grooming your direct reports to be increasingly productive “Busy People?”
And how are you grooming YOURSELF?