So what DOES make Barry Zweibel so uniquely qualified to be your leadership coach and mentor?
Well, for starters, whether he’s coaching, mentoring, consulting, training, or telling stories about his own experiences as a leader, business person, executive, author, adjunct instructor, or just another human being, Barry Zweibel is indefatigable in working to help others discover, and successfully implement, timely and workable solutions that not only align with their particular roles and responsibilities, but naturally fit with their individual personalities, preferences, and proclivities.
And should someone need a little help to squirrel up the courage or make sense of things?
Barry is right there with you providing an intriguing question, new perspective, or counter-intuitive explanation that can quickly demystify whatever has been derailing you from being your best.
Funny how, with the right nuance and reflection, the seemingly impossible can start feeling imminently doable.
The ‘Power of Nuance’
Barry’s ‘Power of Nuance’ comes from a variety of sources:
• His Firsthand BUSINESS Experience – In mission critical systems operations management, marketing, fiduciary control, customer service, planning, strategic thinking, contract negotiations, hiring and selection, complex project management, collaboration, vendor/client relations, and crisis management – all of which has proven to be consistently relevant in addressing the needs, interests, and challenges facing today’s leaders.
• His Direct LEADERSHIP Experience – As a front-line operative, supervisor, manager, director, vice president, corporate officer, project manager, and conflict resolution specialist – which allows him to speak knowingly about the interpersonal, political, organizational, and accountability mistakes he’s made and lessons he’s learned – so you can avoid those types of mistakes, yourself.
• His Extensive COACHING Experience – Barry has been coaching, professionally, for more than two decades – and coached, informally, for many years, before that – so he’s had, literally, thousands of hours of practice, and hundreds of hours of core coaching competency training to hone his craft. He wasn’t in the ‘first wave’ of modern-day coaches, but he was coached, trained, and mentored by many of those who were. His initial training came from The Coaches Training Institute, where he became CPCC-certified (Certified Professional Co-active Coach) in 2000, The Worldwide Association of Business Coaches, where he became CEC-certified (Certified Executive Coach) in 2004. Then, in 2007, the International Coaching Federation recognized him as an MCC-Master Certified Coach – the gold standard of coach certifications, and a distinction that fewer than 2% of all coaches, worldwide, have achieved. (More on his professional coach credentials and affiliations.)
• His Varied TEACHING Experience – As an adjunct instructor at Northwestern University, where he created and taught Managing (the Human Side of) Mission Critical Systems for aspiring CIOs (Chief Information Officers) who wanted to improve their leaderships skills in the high-tech world; as a Certified Master Trainer of conflict-management and conflict-competency skill development through materials offered by the Center for Conflict Dynamics; as an external trainer and facilitator for numerous organizations; as a girls’ softball coach for middle-schoolers; and as parent-in-charge during those, oh-so, challenging teenage years!
• His Excellent COMMUNICATIONS Skills – His love of language and ability to use just the right word, or phrase, or metaphor to bring an important leadership concept to life, has been central to his success throughout the many iterations of his adult life – something that becomes readily apparent after just a few minutes talking with him.
• And, of course, the COUNTLESS LIFE LESSONS He’s Learned – As you can tell from his picture at the top of the page, he’s been around the block a few times, already! So he knows how fear, uncertainty, doubt, and the mere passing of time, can undermine the best of plans for even the smartest, kindest, and most capable of people. And from this, he’s developed a noteworthy ability to engage people in some of the more meaningful and personally validating, empowering, and flat-out helpful conversations they’ve ever had.
- Conversations that help people reach surprisingly deep and meaningful insights about their biggest challenges – and themselves – in surprisingly quick, engaging, and stress-free ways.
- Conversations that help people talk openly and candidly about the things they just haven’t felt comfortable talking about with anyone else.
- Conversations that others describe as “intellectually validating,” “emotionally honest,” “creatively stimulating,” “mind-bending,” and “amazingly nonjudgmental and supportive.” (And who couldn’t use more of that?!)
- Conversations that literally accelerate one’s growth and development…as leaders, as business people, and as human beings.