• His Firsthand BUSINESS Experience – in operations management, marketing, fiduciary control, customer service, planning, strategic thinking, contract negotiations, hiring and selection, collaboration, vendor/client relations, and crisis management – all of which has proven to be consistently relevant in addressing the needs, interests, and challenges facing today’s leaders.
• His Direct LEADERSHIP Experience – as a front-line operative, supervisor, manager, director, vice president, corporate officer, project manager, and conflict resolution specialist – which allows him to speak knowingly about the interpersonal, political, organizational, and accountability mistakes he’s made and lessons he’s learned.
• His Extensive COACHING Experience – He’s been coaching, professionally, since 2000 – and coached, informally, for many years prior – so he’s had, literally, thousands of hours of practice, and hundreds of hours of core coaching competency training to hone his craft. To that end, he’s CPCC-certified (Certified Professional Co-active Coach) and the International Coach Federation recognizes him as an MCC-Master Certified Coach – the gold standard of coach certifications, and a distinction that fewer than 2% of all coaches, worldwide, have achieved.
• His Adult TEACHING Experience – As an adjunct instructor at Northwestern University. As a Certified Master Trainer through the Center for Conflict Dynamics. As an external trainer and facilitator for numerous organizations. As a girls’ softball coach. As a parent.
• His Ongoing LIFE Experience – As you can tell from his pictures, he’s been around for a while. So he also knows how fear, uncertainty, doubt, and the mere passing of time, can undermine the best of plans for even the smartest, kindest, and most capable of people. And from this, he’s developed a noteworthy ability to engage people in some of the more meaningful and personally validating, empowering, and flat-out helpful conversations they’ve ever had:
- Conversations that help them reach surprisingly deep and meaningful insights about their biggest challenges – and themselves – surprisingly quickly, and in surprisingly engaging, and stress-free ways.
- Conversations that help them talk candidly about the things they just haven’t felt comfortable talking about with just anyone.
- Conversations that others describe as intellectually validating, emotionally honest, creatively stimulating, and amazingly nonjudgmental and supportive.
- Conversations that literally accelerate their growth and development as leaders, business people, and human beings.
So whether he’s coaching, mentoring, consulting, training, or telling stories about his own experiences as a leader, business person, executive, author, adjunct instructor, or just another human being, he’s diligent in working to help others discover, and successfully implement, timely and workable solutions that not only align with their particular roles and responsibilities, but naturally fit with their individual personalities, preferences, and proclivities.
“A year from now you may wish you had started today.”
– Karen Lamb